Very Interesting Capabilities???

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:25 AM
I read on the home page that this OR/M has very interesting capabilities and I was wondering what those are and what sets this OR/M apart from others?
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Retina.NET contains all major OR/M features to make it useful in the real world. For a description of those features please give a look into the "Retina QuickStart.doc" document part of the last v1.0.8.0 Release.
Just to name a few: support to all kinds of relationships (composition, aggregation), support for all kinds of relationship multiplicity (1-1, 1-n, n-m), support for all three types of inheritance mapping, supports all major database engines, supports all kinds of primary keys (autogenerated in the db, compound, etc), supports a RQL (Retina Query Language) and Criteria objects for queries, supports lazy loading of child collections and entities (using dynamic proxies), paging and sorting in results, support for stored procedures, very easy to use with no complex XML config files, and many more.

Some unique, or first seen in, Retina.NET features:
- Supports the creation of entity "triggers" and "constraints".
- Extensible data type system.
- Support for data binding (including navegability of child entities and collections).
- Support for autogenerated edit forms (Web or WinForms).
- Very easy to implement a new database support.

Of course Retina.NET can't compete with projects like NHibernate where there are thoundsands of developers working, testing and using the product, but I must say Retina.NET has the potential and today it fulfills its main goal of being simple to use by the developer and yet powerful and feature rich.

Best regards,
Andrés.
Jun 23, 2007 at 7:02 AM
Hello!

Im wondering if retina supports in soma way bitwise oprations in where part of query.

Miro
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2007 at 11:42 PM
Not in the current version, but is very easy to implement.
Care to contribute this feature?
Andres.

SVKmiRec wrote:
Hello!

Im wondering if retina supports in soma way bitwise oprations in where part of query.

Miro

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:28 PM
Hi, sorry for late answer..
By the time i changed way in this problem, and solved it without need of bitwise operations...
I will think about implmentation of that, but not now, because im out of time.
Best regards,
Miro

andresv wrote:
Not in the current version, but is very easy to implement.
Care to contribute this feature?
Andres.

SVKmiRec wrote:
Hello!

Miro

Oct 8, 2008 at 2:09 PM
> support for stored procedures

Any documentation about it?