May 12, 2008 at 4:31 AM
Hi Andres,

I was trying to build Retina but I had some problems with dependences:
    Needs the library: interop.adox.dll

Thanks in advance.
Developer
May 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM
Hi darioquintana,

The Interop.adox.dll is nothing else then a Interop from Microsoft ADO Ext. x.x for DDL and Security COM Object.
May 16, 2008 at 12:50 AM
Ok. What should I download to get this library ? Because I've the MS ADO Ext x.x for DDL and Security COM Object in the COM tab, but nothing happen when I add that library. Besides the name of the COM added, is nothing to do with the name interop.adox.dll.
Coordinator
May 20, 2008 at 2:50 PM
Hi Darío, you cannot use a standard generated interop assembly because Retina.NET has a strong name signature and by default those interop assemblies (not PIAs) are not signed (so they cannot be used as a reference in a signed assembly).
So, I generated a signed interop assembly and uploaded to the TFS repository (it was missing) so please get the latest version of the solution and don't forget to download the "References" folder.
That should get you started.
Thanks!
Andrés.
Developer
May 22, 2008 at 8:15 AM
The biggest problem with this approach is, that in vista there  is no ADOX 2.8.

You can get around this problem by using reflection.
There is only one functionality needed and that is the creation of the MDB.

object ADOXCat = Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("ADOX.Catalog"));
ADOXCat.GetType().InvokeMember("Create", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null, ADOXCat, new string[] { cs });

Coordinator
May 22, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Edited May 22, 2008 at 3:19 PM
I'm developing Retina.NET in a Vista machine and I don't have any problems with ADOX.
The Access data store seems to work as expected with no issues other than permissions (UAC) and stuff like that (expected on Vista).
Can you clarify you comment a little more?
Developer
May 22, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Sure ;-)

When you don't have the Pia's installed than the ADOX version installed on Vista is a Version 6.
And than you can't use the 2.8 interops, or get your SW working on a XP maschine.

With those two lines above, you don't have to worry about that anymore.
Coordinator
May 23, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Ok, I get it now. Using those lines we use the COM classes directly without the need of any interop assembly.
I will do that to eliminate the need of this additional assembly.
Tks!